Friday, December 17, 2010

Then Comes Marriage...

August 28th was a gorgeous day in Dayton, Ohio. I woke up a bit dehydrated from the night before but bursting with excitement and a sense of calm all wrapped inside! The weather could not have been better for an outdoor wedding. Low humidity, sunny skies, and high of 78 degrees was more than we could have hoped for in the Ohio valley. I felt so lucky to be marrying my best friend and the greatest man I have ever known.

Everything turned out perfectly. I had spent months obsessing about every detail and planning from NY was not always easy! I had to find all the vendors and commit mostly sight unseen! In hindsight I definitely would have put up the money for a planner but I'm proud to have done it all myself!

Even though most of my time spent went to looking at ideas for decor and atmosphere of the reception on oncewed.com and other bridal websites and magazines my favorite part of the entire day was the ceremony. I originally wanted to elope because I thought it would be impossible for me (very shy) and Rob (also hates the spotlight) to be ourselves and show our affection and love for each other with all eyes on us. But in that moment it was as if no one else was around...like we were in a little bubble of bliss (I know it sounds cheesy but it's true).

 
 


I Carry your Heart with me
E.E. Cummings
I carry your heart with me, I carry it in
my heart
I am never without it
anywhere you go I go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing
I fear no fate for you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world for beautiful you are my world, my true
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart i carry it in my heart




No comments:

Post a Comment